Martial arts can be a great way to improve your overall health – increasing your strength, flexibility, your mental health – while losing some extra pounds effectively. Here are some ways to lose weight while practicing martial arts in 2022
Exercises can be a great ally in your weight loss journey; however, some people tend to get bored very easily from gym routines, which may lead to dropping them entirely.
If you are this type of person, perhaps an incredible way to shed some extra pounds, boost your mental health and energy levels as well as become stronger can be practicing martial arts.
Benefits of Martial Arts for your overall health
Martial Arts are a multibillion-dollar industry that gathers a group of disciplines focused on the holistic development of individuals.
This millennial knowledge possesses several benefits for your physical, mental, and overall health, and here are some of them:
#1 Enhances your mental health
Are you ready to experience a confidence and stamina boost as well as a shot of instant energy? Martial Arts can do all that for you.
The amount of focus, discipline, and effort that martial arts require to practice and master, gives students a sense of empowerment, self-confidence, and a boost of their self-esteem that will endure even after the training sessions.
Martial Arts can also improve your social skills since their team environment-oriented activities will be surrounded by people with the same goals while learning and growing together. Additionally, the boost of self-confidence when perfecting your skills will also project in other areas of your life, thus improving your overall mood.
#2 Improves your physique
We know martial arts will not only make you feel stronger but also become stronger.
This full-body workout will improve your muscle tone, overall reflexes, and flexibility, as well as your mobility and power.
#3 Are great for cardiovascular health
Martial Arts training counts with similarities to H.I.I.T. (high-intensity interval training) in its benefits for your overall heart health, and those are lowering your blood pressure and keeping healthy cholesterol levels, blood sugar, and insulin levels.
Martial Arts also increase your heart rate, especially among training, which is both great for your physique and your heart. All these factors contribute to maintaining good cardiovascular health.
What can Martial Arts do for your weight loss journey?
Since Martial Arts are a complete workout routine that accelerates your heart rate helps their participants to maintain their best shape possible at all times.
With martial arts, you will lose weight and effectively develop more lean muscle . This lean muscle development demands an increase of metabolism that translates into burning more calories and losing weight.
lose weight very quickly
Additionally, the heart rate increase and the frequency of the sessions will make you lose weight very quickly. One session alone of karate, kickboxing, or taekwondo will help you burn at least 900 calories.
Furthermore, martial arts practice becomes a change of lifestyle in those who practice it. Along with a balanced diet and an ongoing weekly practice, you will become thinner, stronger, and healthier while on martial arts than trying to fit in some gym sessions for new years’ resolution.
Some Martial Arts for your weight loss goals
If you are interested in a discipline that will help you in your weight loss journey while keeping you fit, giving you a boost of energy confidence, and strong, these are some martial arts practices that will come great for you:
It is a type of full-body martial art that combines the athletic abilities of Karate, Judo, Kung-Fu, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu aimed to stay in shape.
Have you ever looked an MMA fighter?
The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, also known as BJJ, is physically intense training focused on gaining strength and learning self-defense that will also help you to burn fat, extra calories and aid for weight loss even in their first sessions.
These are some benefits of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for your weight loss journey:
- There is a huge amount of energy needed to practice active Jiu-Jitsu. Practitioners must learn to punch, kick and apply active Jiu-Jitsu techniques to dominate their opponent while avoiding submission; this requires extreme calorie consumption thus helping you in your weight loss goals.
- Only one session of approximately 1.5 hours of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Houston can make you burn between 700 to 1000 calories, thus making this ground fighting technique a marvelous way to weight loss and physique development.
- On the other hand, if you make 3 sessions of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Houston per week along with a balanced diet, you can lose up to 3000 calories! A weight loss of approximately 25 to 45 pounds just in BJJ training alone.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu will lead you to eat healthier due to intense training. Grappling training will require tons of work and energy. A balanced diet will give you more energy and keep your focus on the training, another point for your weight loss.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a very intense discipline that requires optimizing your health to potentially dominate your opponent; otherwise, you will end up being submitted by them.
- When it comes to long-term goals, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Houston can become a great ally to weight loss and maintenance. You will lose weight by dropping the extra calories, and developing lean muscle due to intense training; which makes BJJ an ideal method for weight loss.
So, are you ready to embrace an intense practice that will transform your life? If so, we are available at your reach in Houston! Contact us and start experiencing an impressive improvement in all areas of your health with martial arts.